Saturday, May 16, 2009

Strawberry Jam Makin'

So I'm supposed to be packing up the house today...but instead I get an idea to prepare meals ahead of time (in hopes that it will help with "moving week") AND make strawberry jam! So, off to the grocery store...by 11 am, I had 10 "jars" of strawberry jam made, and enough lunches & suppers prepared for the entire next week (oh, can't forget this part: AND the kitchen completed cleaned up!) Whew! Oh, the things you can get accomplished with you are determined. :) About half way through making the meals for next week, however, my hand slipped while trying to cut an onion w/a VERY sharp knife...no stitches needed, but that did put a dent in my day...trying to cut, cook, slice, chop, clean up, etc. with one hand isn't as easy as it sounds. But everything's done, so can't complain too much!

And, here I sit...still not packing up the house. Guess I better get to it so the hubby can tell something was done today. :)

Here are some pictures of the strawberry jam makin'! :)






3 comments:

All American Family said...

looks good...I'll be right over with some homemade bread ;)

Good luck with the packing and moving!!

Mimi/Susan said...

I could use a couple jars of jelly! :)

Drew's News said...

Kristen, if you bring the homemade bread, I'll GLADLY share my strawberry jam!! Make sure you bring those adorable kiddos with ya too!

Susan, if I remember the next time I'm going to see ya, I'll bring ya some. :) Can't promise it's anything like my Mom's, though!