Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On Top of Ol' Sawnee...

Tim & I took Cameron, Amanda, & Shannon for a hiking trip on Sawnee Mountain. We discovered this park near our house and decided to give it a try! It's fairly new and some parts are still under construction, but overall it has very nice hiking trails. On the top of the mountain, there are "Indian Seats", where supposedly the Indians used to sit to see the beautiful views. These are rocks, or should I say cliffs, so I was a bit nervous when everyone decided to go "explore" but everyone ended up doing fine...no injuries! :) There's also rock climbing available at this park, but you must have a "climbing permit" from the city...Tim & I might look into this, although these rock walls definitely do not compare to the rock climbing gym walls!! (haha)

 Enjoy the pictures!



1 comment:

Mimi/Susan said...

Nicely done. You're learning quick about all of this blog business! I'll see you on Sat. and want to tell you one thing-remind me.